What is Worship?
Here at Harvest, our worship is expressed by what we say, sing and the way we live. Our Worship Ministry includes singing and playing instruments. We do not believe that singing praise to God in a church service is, in and of itself, worship. However, we do believe that singing praise to God is a command to all (PSALM 66:1-2) and is a powerful way to respond to our God and King.
The message that our music and songs communicate is of utmost importance to us. Whether our music is sometimes loud or soft, fast or slow, new or old, with a full band or without, matters little in comparison to the message of the song. It is important to us that the songs accurately reflect the Scriptures. In particular, we hope to express the triune nature of our God as we respond to the gospel of the Son.
The worship ministry of Harvest Bible Chapel exists to help our people experience the sufficiency and express the supremacy of Christ in all things.
Worship is the term we use to cover all the acts of the heart and mind and body that express the infinite worth of God. This general term is made more specific in our “worship services.” We sing songs, bring tithes, hear and obey God’s Word, and reorient our lives based on God’s infinite worth.
- Bible Saturation: the content of our singing and praying and welcoming and preaching will always conform to the truth of Scripture. God's Word is the ground of all our appeal to authority.
- Head and Heart: Our service will appeal to clear thinking about spiritual things, and seek to kindle hearts with deep, strong, real emotions towards God with these truths. (MATTHEW 22:37)
- Reality: Our services will have the atmosphere of a radically personal encounter with the God of truth. We will avoid all pretense and posturing, all flippant, superficial frivolity. We will pursue reverence, passion, and wonder. (PSALM 96).
- Transparency: We want all stage participants to disappear and allow the greatness of God to shine through. Our trust is in our Message, not ourselves as messengers. We actively avoid shoddiness and lack of preparation as well as distracting finesse or refinement. (PSALM 115:1)
- Contemporary and Traditional: We celebrate different time periods of musical expression, not for the sake of
appeasingdemographics, but to show how the glory of God transcends personal taste. (MATTHEW 13:52)
Serving in the Worship Ministry:
Here are a few steps and some things you should know before filling out a music application.
- You must be able to take honest feedback during your initial meeting with our staff.
- You must be a believer in Jesus Christ and Harvest must be your home church. No exceptions.
- We need faithful players and singers who will be willing to play at least once a month.
- Though we will place you in a certain ministry, it doesn't guarantee you will stay in that ministry. It is up to that ministry leader to decide whether you are capable and trustworthy enough to serve in that specific role.
We are looking for people to join the worship and tech teams. Fill out an Application here.